Tuesday 16 February 2016

Rimmel The Only 1 Lipsticks and Exaggerate Lip Liner Review and LipSwaches



Hello everyone,

Tonight I have a review and lip swatches of the newly released lipstick collection by Rimmel London called 'The Only 1'.
Rimmel claims that their new formula of lipstick is a 'lipstick revolution' being a no compromise, all in one lipstick that delivers high impact, long lasting colour, comfort, moisture and wear.

 

 

Review

The Only 1 lipsticks are a totally new formula to Rimmel and I have to say I really like it! Like Rimmel claims, they are really opaque with intense pigmentation. When you first apply them they feel really glossy and moisturising then after a few minutes they settle to a really nice satin finish and last a good few hours on my lips. They aren't transfer proof but the colour doesn't run like I thought it might when I first applied and they don't dry out my lips at all.
 
I don't mind the look of the packaging, but the shape of the cap makes it difficult to store upright with other lipsticks because it tapers up wider at the top, a normal shaped cap would have been a bit more convenient for me but in saying that the packaging is nice and sturdy and has a helpful colour band with the accurate colour on it.
 
They have a floral scent which I like, but it is a bit stronger than the other Rimmel lipsticks, it does die down after a few minutes of applying though.
 
In Australia there are currently 12 colours to choose from with a couple of neutral options but mostly bright pinks, corals and reds.
 
The Only 1 lipsticks retail at $15.95 but Priceline are having a introductory offer at the moment and they are currently only $10.95!
 

Lip Swatches

 
700 Naughty Nude

200 It's a Keeper

120 You're All Mine


600 Peachy- Beachy

610 Cheeky Coral
110 Pink A Punch

 

Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner

 
Rimmel have recently released a few more shades of their Exaggerate lip liners, there are now 6 shades to choose from.
The colour I have is Peachy-Beachy a pretty bright coral that is the same colour as one of the new lipsticks.
It has quite a waxy consistency but is still smooth. It is best used to just outline the lips and not to fill them in as it feels a bit tacky and drying when applied all over.
I really like the fact it is wind up so there's no need to sharpen and it has an angled edge for easy application.
 
RRP is $12.50 at Priceline.
 
Matching Exaggerate lip liner 102 Peachy-Beachy



 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading, I hope you found this post helpful!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried The Only 1 lipsticks yet and what your thoughts on them are, I'd love to know!
 
Mary
XO
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer- These products where sent to me to try for free but with no obligation to review. All opinions are my own. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment