Tuesday 22 September 2015

Rimmel London New 'Brow This Way' Review, How To & Swatches

 
 
 
Hi guys,
 
Welcome back to Glossy Situations!
 
Today I am writing a review on the new collection from Rimmel London 'Brow This Way.'
Keep reading for swatches of the products, how I fill in my brows and a before and after photo.
 
 
Brow This Way- Brow styling kits. Left- Medium brown, Right- Dark brown.
 
BROW SCULPTING KIT
 
I have been trying out these new products for the last couple of weeks and I can say I am really liking them! There are two colours to choose from in the brow kits, Dark Brown and Medium Brown.
 
The consistency and pigmentation of the wax in the kits is great, not too slippery and not too dry. This makes it perfect to go from very naturally filled in brows to bold by building up the product. The kit also includes a double sided angled brush. One end is slightly stiffer (to apply the wax) and the other end is a bit softer to apply the powder. A small spoolie is also included so you can blend the product in better and brush the hairs upwards.


 
 

 
 
The first two swatches are the dark brown wax and powder, then the medium brown wax and powder.
 
 
BROW STYLING GEL
 
 
There are four different colours to choose from in the brow stying gel's. Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Blonde and clear.
As you can see from the swatches, the dark brown and the blonde are on the ashier side while the medium brown is a bit warmer.
These gels are perfect to wear on their own as they are very pigmented or over the wax and powder to make sure your brows stay in place. Keep in mind they do not have the strongest hold, but I find they still keep my brows neat without them feeling hard or crusty which I like.
Also because the gel's are so pigmented and a lot of product comes out on the brush I like to wipe a little bit off first or start in the middle of my brows to avoid getting to much product on the front of my brows.
 
 
 
 
L-R Dark brown, Medium brown and Blonde
 
 
HOW- TO / BEFORE & AFTER

 
Here are the steps I use when I fill in my brows with the Brow This Way kit and gel.
 
1. First of all I comb my brows upwards and outwards with the spoolie to get them into the shape that I want.
 
2. Using the angled brush I pick up some of the dark brown wax starting in top middle of my brow carefully drawing outwards toward the tail of my brow creating a soft outline on the top and bottom of my brow then filling in the middle, picking up more product as needed. I use whatever is left on the brush to very softly fill in the front of my brows to keep them looking more natural.
 
3. Next I use a little bit of the powder from the kit to go over the wax and set it in place.
 
 
4. Lastly, I use the dark brown styling gel to go over my brows and set them in place and I'm done!
 
 
Before
 
After


So that brings us to the end of this weeks post, I hope you enjoyed it and you found it useful! :)
Let me know in the comments if you have tried this collection yet or what your favourite brow products are, I would love to know!

Thanks for reading :)

Mary XO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment